Saturday 22 June 2013

More Muerto prep

I wrote this on the 18th, but forgot to "publish" it. Hence the delay.

17 June 2013
50 kms of gravel and dirt after work. 
This was my first time out with the heart monitor working. Roughly speaking, at 48 years of age, my maximum heart-rate should be between 165 and 175 (anaerobic - race day), my speed training heart-rate should be between 155 and 165, my strength training heart-rate should be 145 to 155, and my endurance-training should be between 135 and 145. If I want to endure it should be 125 to 135, and if I need to recover, it should be between 95 and 125. All in all the information is helpful. On this ride I spent 20 minutes riding at a speed training rate, which is too much. Although I still spent the bulk of the ride within the strength and endurance ranges, I was still working too hard for too long, breaking down muscle rather than strengthening it. I've got some habits to change. What else is new?

18 June 2013
52 kms of gravel and dirt in the morning, with FR. 
No heartrate monitor this time, but I could feel it that I'd been out working hard the day before. Like I say, old habits die hard. But I'm working on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment